1. Type of Degree:
Master Program: Three years, Academic Degree
PhD Program: Three years, Academic Degree
2. Admission Requirements:
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
2. Education background and age limit:
Applicants for Master program must have bachelor’s degree with the same major subject, and be under the age of 35.
Applicants for PhD program must have master’s degree with the same major subject, and be under the age of 40.
3. Chinese requirement: HSK 4 or above.
3. How to apply:
Applicants shall submit the application documents to the School of International Studies of Guangzhou Medical University, by post mail or email.
Please submit the application documents before the application deadline. Besides, the application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result of application.
We advise applicants to send their application documents via the following express companies: In China: SF-express or EMS; Overseas: DHL
Application Deadline: June 20th, 2020
4. Application Documents
The applicants must fill in and provide two sets of the following documents truly, correctly and completely (all in duplicate):
(1) Application Form for International Students (Attachment 1) (filled in Chinese or in English). Do not fill in the form with a pen, except for the signature.
(2) Notarized copy of highest academic degree certificate or graduation diploma and transcripts. Graduating students should provide pre-graduation certificate issued by the authorities of the school, and provide the copy of graduation diploma before registration. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
(3) Language certificate (HSK).
(4) Photocopy of the applicant's passport.
(5) Two recommendation letters: The referee should be professor or associate professor or person with relevant academic title. The recommendation letters must be in Chinese or English and the referee’s signature and contact information are necessary.
(6) Personal statement. Above 1000 words for master candidates, above 1500 words for PhD candidates. The content should include (but not limited to) study and work experience, academic research achievement, planned research proposal, and career plan after graduation, etc in Chinese or in English.
(7) Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Attachment 2) (the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form is printed by Chinese quarantine authority), which can be got in the Chinese Embassy in the home country, and applicants can also take a medical check-up in line with the items required. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination as it is valid for only 6 months.
(8) If the applicant is working, please Notarized Carrier Certificate made by the institution where you are working. Other documents may certify your professional and personal background should be helpful.
(1) Tuition Fee: CNY 30,000/year;
(2) Insurance Fee: CNY 800/year;
(3) Accommodation Fee: CNY 6,000/year/person (double room);
6. Approval and Notification
(1) Guangzhou Medical University will review all the application materials. Decisions for admission will be made on the basis of the applicants' overall qualities.
(2) After passing the examination, applicants should bring the original copy of application documents (2)(3)(4)(7) for verification to register.
(3) Guangzhou Medical University will send the Admission Notice and Visa Application documents to students address directly in July-August 2020.
7. Time of Enrollment: September 2020
8. Majors & Courses
Please refer to Name list of Supervisors. (Attachment 3)
9. Contact Information
School of International Studies, Guangzhou Medical University
Working time (Monday—Friday): 8:30—12:00, 14:00—16:30;
Please contact us ONLY in working time.
Tel: +86-20-37103041 Fax: +86-20-37103099
Address: 302 Administrative Building, School of International Studies, Xinzao Town, Panyu District, Guangzhou, China. Code: 511436